Sunday, November 8, 2009

Extreme Restaurants

Lately, I've been watching a lot of Discovery, Travel, and Nat Geo channels...they tickle my sense of curiosity. There was this show called Extreme Restaurants and it caught my attention. For some reason, even since my second year of college, I've always wanted to open a restaurant. I don't really know why but I think owning a restaurant lets your creativity run wild. Here's what I mean:

Ninja New York
This is one of the most fascinating restaurant I have heard of. Basically, when you enter the restaurant, you are transformed into ancient Japan and have to walk through a ninja infested maze. Ninjas are known to be stealth-like so they leap around trying to scare you, even when you are eating. All entries even have a ninja-like elements to them like fire, pulling a ninja sword, smoke, and chopping open a box to get your food! Absolutely creative! Damn it's in NY. Link



Modern Toilet in HK and Taiwan
So I ask myself, how could I miss this place when I was in HK! Cliff and Josh, how could we miss this place?!?! Actually, it's not that crazy, but the concept is simply bizarre. Imagine, eating delicious ice cream out of a toilet-shaped container. Imagine drinking their signature drinks out of a urinal-shaped cup. Better yet, imagine eating the best curry of your life, but out of a toilet bowl. And, when you need to wash your hands in the restroom, you wash it out of a toilet-turned-sink. What a crazy concept! Anyways, Modern Toilet is a toilet themed eatery. I shared this concept with my mom and she told me she actually ate there when she visited my sister! All she remembers was my dad yelling, "OUT OF ALL PLACES WE CAN EAT, WE END UP HERE EATING SHIT!" I'll just let the pictures show you what's up...











Lastly, DON'T WATCH the movie "The Box." It's such a stupid movie that went the wrong direction with such an interesting concept "Press the button and you get a million dollars but someone you don't know will die." I thought this movie would really strike great conversation, but at the end of the movie, "WHAT just happened" kept replaying in my head.

1 comment:

David said...

dude, come to NY. we'll hit up that ninja place. seems all insane.