Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Restaurant World

One of my roommates is a sous chef here. This past Sunday, I went with my other roommate here to eat. A Viet/French fusion cuisine. The food was pretty good; clams, mushroom, papaya salad, and poppers. All free so I decided to help them with their marketing strategy. It's still a fairly new restaurant (11 months in the making) so I'm offering my services to help out. I feel really invested for some reason but should be exciting. You know me; one day I'll open my own restaurant.

But this was more than just a dinner. We basically partied with the entire staff, all pretty young. I hung out with the chefs and played beer pong. Surprisingly, I was unstoppable! 6 game winning streak; completely dominance (I still remember the time when I trolled at White Elephant; I've gone a long way since). I started the team with my chef roommate. Then I got put in Team China. We killed Team Latino/Mexico and Team Cracker. I thought this whole experience was a once in a lifetime kinda thing to play beer pong in a chef's kitchen across the counter. You don't see that every day...

Anyways, the point is that I'm excited to be integrated into the restaurant world.

On a side note, pictures and videos will be posted either on Google+ or Facebook. I don't paste here since it's still a searchable blog.

Thanks all that updated!!!! :)

No comments: