Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mud Run

This past weekend I did the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run. How did I sign up? Got a text from a friend that I haven't seen in 3 years and randomly agreed to participate in it. On a whim...

So I trained off and on, but a week before the race, I did not hit the gym once. A mixture of coworker's bday, sleepover, back to back 9:30pm sleep, a booze cruise, and a friends' bday stopped me from getting into the gym. Worst plan ever.

The Mud Run was extremely fun; the whole group didn't take it seriously. We all waited for the girls at each obstacle. A big team effort. There were 8 of us, and only knew 2 people so it was really fun meeting these strangers. There's something about meeting friends of a friend...no walls. On the last obstacle, I slipped on these stairs and gashed up my leg. All good though. I jumped into a mud pit and I could no longer see the bleeding...My finishing time for the 5k = 52:57. HAHAHAHA. The hardest part of the race was cleaning up; I found mud in places that...anyways, hard work to clean up.

Now, I'm so sore. Damn, I feel out of shape...sucks...

No comments: